May 16, 2010
I’m pretty sure if it weren’t for that chewing tobacco thing, I’d have been a cowboy. Oh, and the cows. And that smell. And all that dirt and stuff. And sleeping in anything other than a kind-size bed.
But I digress.
Today’s Living in Las Vegas Podcast brings out our cowboy and cowgirl side as we ramble on down yonder to the Hellodaro Days celebration in downtown Las Vegas. Show notes:
- PHOTOS! (Git, now.)
- Weather (THAT’S what I’m talking about) / LiLV Pool (400,000 BTU’s to the rescue!)
- LiLV Stuff
- Listener Line: 206.312.0105
- Sign up of Email Alerts (form found on right side of our website)
- LiLV Podcast Spring 2010 MeetUp Review
- Long Weekend at Newport Beach
- New Friends of the LiLV Podcast (well, pending (Bob!!))
- Scott Gets Jury Duty
- Jacob’s post on Immigration
- Overheard on The Strip (visit. . .and SHARE!)
- Helldorado Days
January 4, 2010
This morning, the local NBC station ran 3 hours of live news about a shooting at the main Las Vegas courthouse. According to reports, a lone gunman entered the building and immediately started firing.
Two officers were shot, one fatally. A guard was shot and killed. A marshal was shot and injured. The gunman was killed as well. (There was helicopter video on the NBC channel showing the body of the shooter.)
Below is a video taken by a guy in the area for jury duty. The number of shots is unbelievable (I counted over 50).
Warning: Some adult language is heard in the video.
June 23, 2007
For an inside peak into the Las Vegas judicial system, today’s EXTENDED version of the Living In Las Vegas Podcast recounts Melissa’s time on a jury. We begin by spending some time talking about the existing real estate market in the area and delve into some analysis of one of Melissa’s dreams. Show notes:
- Sponsor Podcasts Interwoven’s GearUp Podcast, Acutrack Podcast, Polycom On Demand
- Weather/Pool Report YAHOO!!!
- Melissa’s dream
- Listener Questions: Gloriane in Illinois
- Aliante Station update
- World Market Center
- Real Estate in Las Vegas
- Flipping, foreclosures and home values
- Jury Duty
- Hot and Horrible