June 13, 2011
We just announced over on the Vegas Video Network website that we’ve struck a syndication deal with KSHP, here in Las Vegas. The entire lineup of VVN programming will be on from 6PM – 10PM every Friday, beginning June 17th.
Here’s the press release: Vegas Video Network to be Syndicated on Las Vegas Radio Station KSHP
(If you go to the link, you’ll hear the promo being run as well!)
April 27, 2011
On yesterday’s show, we spoke a bit about a new show on the VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK. Talktails with Chris Phillips (known as Zowie Bowie to tens-of-thousands of Las Vegas locals and visitors alike) will be THE show for those who want a behind-the-scenes look at the Las Vegas entertainment business.
Here’s the press release: VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK Launches New Show ‘Talktails with Chris Phillips’. Please take a moment to check it out.
April 18, 2011
I’ve been working with Ted Newkirk over at AccessVegas.com to create a one-of-a-kind meetup/happy hour for all the VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK viewers and Access Vegas readers (locals and tourists alike). Ted has outdone himself in that he’s arranged for us to host a very special "pre-Grand Opening Party" event at Nikki Beach, located at the Tropicana, which has just completed a $100 million makeover.
A full press release will follow, but here are the highlights:
- Date/Time: Thursday, APRIL 28th, 2011. 6PM – 9PM
- First TWO drinks are on us!! By sending your RSVP to HappyHour@VegasVideoNetwork.com, you will be placed on the guest list and receive two free complimentary drinks.
- You MUST RSVP: To receive your two free drinks, you must RSVP separately for each person attending (no "so-and-so plus one"). This means each person in attendance will provide their email address. (No, we’re not going to sell your email address — Emails will be used to update and remind everyone coming of the date and late-breaking info.)
- Location: The brand new Nikki Beach and Cafe at the Tropicana Las Vegas. (This event is one week prior to the big Grand Opening!)
The event will be hosted by Access Vegas CEO Ted Newkirk and yours truly. Also in attendance will be your favorite hosts from all of the VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK programs (Living in Las Vegas, Pub Crawl, Golf & Other Fore-Letter Words, Awkward Silence, Let’s Bet!, and Getting REAL (Estate) in Vegas). Also in attendance will be hosts for two new shows that have not yet been publically announced. (Both are VERY well known here in Las Vegas.)
Looking forward to seeing everybody. PLEASE TELL A FRIEND and send your name and email address to HappyHour@VegasVideoNetwork.com. The new Nikki Beach looks amazing and a good time will be had by all!
Access Vegas / VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK MeetUp + Happy Hour
Date/Time: Thursday, April 28th, 6PM – 9PM
Location: Nikki Beach at the Tropicana Las Vegas
April 18, 2011
Over at the VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK, we’re very excited about a new show that premieres this Wednesday.
Hosted by local “golf guru” Dennis Silvers (ESPN, Fox Sports, Sirius/XM Radio), Golf & Other Fore-Letter Words is the newest addition to the network’s line up.
LIVE and very fast-paced, the show featuring three major segments:
- “Tournament Scorecard” – an in-depth review of the previous week’s pro-golfing action
- “Birdies and Bogies” — a funny (and often critical) look at the news and rumors of golf
- “Handicap Helper” — Answers to viewer questions
Here’s the press release: VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK Adds ‘Golf & Other Fore-Letter Words’ to Network Line-Up
Come check us out LIVE this Wednesday at 6PM Pacific (http://VegasVideoNetwork.com/LIVE). If you have a golfing questions, send it along to firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 17, 2011
As those of you who are long time listeners/viewers of the Living in Las Vegas Podcast know, since launching the VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK in October/2010, we switched our main LiLV podcast feed from audio to video. Since then, we’ve received some very nice feedback about the switch (yes, I know Melissa is pretty). However, for some folks who don’t have video-viewing capabilities, or who want to listen to the show "on the go", the video-only options was limiting.
We’ve been considering this addition for some time. Come to find out, integrating an audio feed for each and every show currently running on the VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK, and doing so in an as automated fashion as possible, is not as easy as you might think.
We’ve spent time re-designing our production workflow and are happy to announce the Vegas Video Network now offers audio-only versions of all our current programming, including the Living in Las Vegas Podcast!
On the VVN website, we’ve added a new AUDIO page for folks who just want to listen or download their favorite episodes (LiLV or the other shows as well). I’ve added a audio-only RSS link to the top of the www.LivingInLV.com website.
Three Ways to Listen
If you want to list the most recent audio version of the LiLV Podcast on the web, click here.
For those of you who use iTunes, click here and iTunes will automatically start and load/subscribe to the new audio feed.
For those who want access to the RSS feed (suitable for Google Reader, for example), you’ll want to click this link.
Here are those links again:
- Living in Las Vegas Podcast (Audio only) – Website-based Episode Listing
- Living in Las Vegas Podcast (Audio only) – iTunes
- Living in Las Vegas Podcast (Audio only) – RSS Feed
Thanks all for the feedback and continued support. Melissa and I appreciate it!