69: Las Vegas Jazz + Las Vegas Comedy = Las Vegas Fun

How much do we love our Living in Las Vegas Podcast listeners?  Soooo much that 50% of our team was playing hurt for today’s show!! And even though Melissa was a winged wingman, today’s Living in Las Vegas Podcast marches on with stories of Las Vegas Jazz, Las Vegas Comedy and proof that our listeners are some talented folks!  Show notes:

• Weather (dry heat? So is an oven.) / LiLV Pool (86 is the new 84)
  • LiLV Stuff
    • Listener Line: 206.312.0105
    • Sign up of Email Alerts (form found on right side of our website)
  • Yardwork in the sun
  • Melissa’s Birthday
  • Computer meltdowns and the smell of burning electronics
  • Toilet drama
  • Listener Email: Free lunch care of the LiLV Podcast
  • Listener Audio: You want talent?  I’ll give you talent, baby!
  • Las Vegas Jazz: Friday night at Red Rock Hotel and Casino
    • Why were we the only white people?
    • Scott danced with a lesbians
    • and more. . .
  • Las Vegas Comedy: LA Comedy Club
    • We’re LACC groupies (it would appear)
    • From off strip, to on strip, to off strip
    • The Four Queens valet parking needs to get it together
    • About the club
    • and comedians
  • Hot and Horrible:
    Metro Pizza

Now on the VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK

Comments

8 Responses to “69: Las Vegas Jazz + Las Vegas Comedy = Las Vegas Fun”

1. Pasquale Vincenzo Palazzolo
    July 20th, 2009 5:24 am

Hi Scott & Melissa!

It’s Pasquale. Thanks for including me in this episode. I am Italian. I do live in Orlando. The name is real. The voice is real. The accent…is total crap!

I’m full blooded Italian but I’m from New York. I’ve been in FL almost all my life. I have held opera gigs at local theme parks, resorts and restaurants with an Italian theme. Singing at the Venetian would be awesome but I won’t be able to bring my family to Vegas living anytime soon.

I am coming to LV from 8/22 to 8/25 for my 34th birthday. It’s kind of a guys weekend out. If you can score me a gig at Venetian I’ll love you forever! Ha!

Thanks for playing along. Looking forward to hearing much more!

Pasquale

P.S. Melissa was right. I said “maybe you could TRY to sing like Andrea Bocelli” but did not say you already do. All the best.

July 20th, 2009 6:14 am

That was a fun voice mail, Pasquale. Thank YOU for playing along. (Although it was clear you really MEANT to say I sang like A.B.).

3. BC
    July 20th, 2009 6:20 am

Hey, I’m only about 10 or 15 minutes into the podcast but I had to comment… the “Cussy McCussison” nickname cracked me up. Perhaps the Naughty Jelly Sweet nickname has met its match!

July 20th, 2009 6:28 am

While it is true that Melissa goes by many names. . .and that it’s tough to pin just one AKA on her, I am still quite partial to Naughty Jelly Sweet. (Of course, I have a bit of a sweet tooth.)

5. BC
    July 21st, 2009 7:31 am

Metro pizza is great! Believe it or not a local radio personality used to talk about it on his show here in Columbus, Ohio and that’s what got me to try it. In addition to the locations you mentioned, there used to be one in Ellis Island Casino; not sure if it’s still there.

Regarding Melissa stealing all your punchlines — you may be too young to remember (actually, I am, too), but George Burns gave Gracie Allen all the funny lines on the Burns and Allen show and it didn’t seem to hurt his career. :-)

This was a really enjoyable episode. Hope Melissa feels better!

July 21st, 2009 8:29 am

Glad you liked the show, BC.

I *MAY* be too young?!?!? Of course I’m too young!! Gracie died in 1964! How old do you think I am?!?! :)

7. BC
    July 21st, 2009 10:47 am

Scott,

I meant you may be too young to be aware that George Burns was famous for anything other than his solo act. I certainly didn’t mean to imply you were old enough to actually remember Burns & Allen when they were current!

July 21st, 2009 10:49 am

Just kidding around with you, BC! No worries!