LiLV Listener Meet Up for March 2009: The Scoop is Upon Us

With a thankful tip of the hat to Cheryl [contributors page] for her recon work, along with a further hat tip to Rob and Lois [friends page] for moving things along, the next Living in Las Vegas Podcast Listener Meet Up is officially ON for Saturday, March 14th!

To change things up a bit, the March Meet Up will take place at the nicest “locals” casino in the Las Vegas Valley: the $950M Red Rock Hotel and Casino. (No, not Whitney Villa. . .we’ve not been properly sanctioned for gaming.)  Here’s the scoop:

Location: Red Rock Casino and Hotel
Gathering Spot: Swanky* Bar by the hotel lobby (found in the center of the circular area adjacent to the lobby itself [pdf])
Where Should I Park? East Valet or East Parking Garage
Date: Saturday, March 14
Time: 6PM
Attire: Only if you want to get in
Calendar: Click here to add to your calendar

Melissa and I are looking forward to seeing y’all again!  It’s been too long between good times with LiLV listeners!  For those thinking about coming out for the first time, our first gathering was awesome, our second was spoooooky, and our third will be uber-groovy as well.  Come on out and join the fun!  As an added bonus, I’ll be sure to share how I went from Scott Whitney, civilian to Lord Scott Whitney.  (It’s good to be the king. . .er. . .lord.)

See you on March 14th!  And feel free to invite a friend.

* “Swanky” is Cheryl’s description.

The Living in Las Vegas Podcast has joined the VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK, an online broadcasting network that specializes in insider news and expert views about Las Vegas.
If you are looking for great Las Vegas Video, check it out!

Comments

13 Responses to “LiLV Listener Meet Up for March 2009: The Scoop is Upon Us”

1. Danielle Mallek
    March 4th, 2009 1:23 pm

Dang..I’m going to be down there next week, but we leave on the 12th. :(
    Oh well, hope everyone has a fantastic time!!

2. Cheryl
    March 4th, 2009 1:25 pm

You know I’ll be there! I might even be able to convince my Chili Pepper to join us (he calls the listener meetups “iPod parties”).

March 4th, 2009 1:48 pm

Chili Pepper? I could have sworn you two were all about spagetti (or was it lasagna?).

March 4th, 2009 1:50 pm

Danielle, next time you’re in town, let us know!

5. Troy from Las Vegas
    March 4th, 2009 3:30 pm

Uh-huh. I see how it is. Wait till Troy from Las Vegas confirms his out of town plans and schedule a Meet Up in Las Vegas for when he is not IN Las Vegas.

March 4th, 2009 4:36 pm

Troy: I suspect it’s the other way around–through some kind of mentalist trickery, you manipulate us to select a date that will allow you to graciously excuse yourself from the festivities.

Clever, sir. Very clever.

7. Rich Costello
    March 4th, 2009 8:12 pm

I’ll be there. My birthday is on the 15th so its a perfect way for me to get a head start on the celebrating!

March 4th, 2009 8:24 pm

Happy Birthday in advance, Rich. Looking forward to catching up!

9. Troy from Las Vegas
    March 6th, 2009 4:24 am

Rats. You have desyphered my cunning plan. I must now head back to the lab to come up with a new one.
    Foiled again.

10. Kim Piepho
    March 7th, 2009 12:26 pm

I wish I could meet you all. I will be arriving in LV on the 15th! I’m always a day late and a dollar short it seems. I will be attending the AMD/ASD gift show. Are you going to the jewelry show again Melissa?

March 7th, 2009 12:41 pm

Kim. . .you’re going to allow a single day to get in the way of joining in the fun?!?! You should be coming out to Las Vegas on a Saturday anywho!!! Do it! Come a day early. . .visit the Red Rock Casino. . .drink a drink and enjoy life!!

12. JR
    March 10th, 2009 3:39 pm

Hello Scott, Melissa,
    just finishing up early on my project in Hong Kong and rebooked my flight to go via Vegas. So see you Saturday…..
    By the way an interresting offer for platinum card members of american express or Black card
    2 free nights at the wynn see here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/923796-2-free-nights-wynn-encore.html or here http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/4715
    some blackouts but booked my free nights for this weekend today… (2 free nights no strings , so i stay only the 2 free nights… )
    See you @ the meetup……
    JR
    by the way when you don’t pass the human test a back button would be nice because i didn’t got it right the first time and i am typing this post now the 2nd tme ,…. bummmmmmer…..

March 10th, 2009 4:27 pm

That’s Great that you’ll be joining us, JR. Looking forward to raising a toast with you.

I’ll look into the human test form. . .