65: Living the Loft Lifestyle in Las Vegas

What a fun show to record!  Thanks everybody who joined the live video streaming session!!

With the real estate environment in Las Vegas struggling, we wondered what was available in the loft market.  I’ve always thought there was something inherently groovy about lofts. . .seems like they’d be the place where Las Vegas hipsters might hang out.  So for this episode of the Living in Las Vegas Podcast, we visit three brand-new(ish) Las Vegas lofts available for your living enjoyment.  Show notes:

This episode was recorded as both an audio file (found here) AND a video.  The original video was over 18GB in size so we’re working on creating a more management size file to add to our RSS file.  It will be added as a separate post.)

• PHOTOS!
  • Weather (sun people, where’s the sun?) / LiLV Pool (40s does not help me!)
  • LiLV Stuff
    1. Listener Line: 206.312.0105
    2. Sign up for Email Alerts (form found on our website)
  • CBS-8 Station Tour with Dave Courvoisier
  • It’s all about adding Friends
  • Melissa is quite the artist
  • Also beautiful, Melissa’s colon (wait until you see the video)
  • Wallstreet Wealth Management recommendation on Local’s Choice Radio
  • Listener Email: Caesar Salad and plantlife
  • Living the Loft Lifestyle in Las Vegas
    1. Newport Lofts
    2. Metreon
    3. C2 Lofts
  • Hot or Horrible: MRKT Sea & Land

Now on the VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK

Comments

13 Responses to “65: Living the Loft Lifestyle in Las Vegas”

1. Troy from Las Vegas
    February 16th, 2009 12:26 pm

I am only 12 minutes into the show and just started reading the…what’s it called? Playbill? Set List? Outline?… whatever, and I notice- “Also beautiful, Melissa’s colon (wait until you see the video)”
    Really? I mean nothing personal NJS but really?
    Well, I was in the Army for 8 years, how bad can this be?
    Ok…soldiering on…

2. Troy from Las Vegas
    February 16th, 2009 12:36 pm

Nice painting.

3. Troy from Las Vegas
    February 16th, 2009 12:49 pm

Scott- Do you like the fondu even if it does make you doodoo?
    (33:02)

4. Troy from Las Vegas
    February 16th, 2009 1:02 pm

I live at Cheyenne and 215 also and my rose bush is barely hanging on.

February 16th, 2009 1:35 pm

Troy 1: Should have seen the video! (If I can figure out how to convert a 18GB video into something visually ok, you will.

Troy 2: Pretty impressive, huh. Wait to you see the painting she did of me.

Troy 3: Tough call, there. A place in the SF Bay Area call La Fondue was my favorite. . .but a gastro-disaster!

Troy 4: Who knew so many people were into horticulture?!?!

6. Troy from Las Vegas
    February 16th, 2009 1:43 pm

“I like a bone in”
    -Scott @ 1:13:27

Working blue again. I like it.

7. Phil
    February 16th, 2009 6:04 pm

Enjoyed the video podcast. The loft segment was a little tedious (sorry). Looks like its pretty tough to host and produce at the same time.

February 16th, 2009 6:32 pm

Did you actually attend the video show, Phil? What was so tedious?

9. Phil
    February 16th, 2009 7:34 pm

The segment seemed too long. Photos didn’t present well ( I realize the weather conditions weren’t ideal when taken). Maybe it was something on my end. The rest of the show was very good although I had to leave after the loft segment.

10. Cheryl
    February 17th, 2009 1:45 pm

Hmm, I thought the loft segment was great, though only one loft tour really panned out. It’s a shame that you didn’t get to experience the true loft views because of the weather. The photos would have been better minus the rainy conditions, but they still gave an idea of what to expect at those three places. I am so disappointed in the prices and attitude at C2. That’s no way to sell units in this housing market!

February 17th, 2009 2:12 pm

Thanks, Cheryl! I was happy with the loft segment as well. . .but it never hurts to get constructive feedback.

It *was* a bummer we couldn’t get a better look at the C2 Lofts. I have to say, I didn’t express 1/2 of how I really felt after leaving that place. I was completely SHOCKED at that gal’s attitude.

Thanks again for being their for the live video stream. I had a chance to occasionally glance at the live chat and could see you were really adding to the conversation.

Very cool.

12. Ted Newkirk
    February 28th, 2009 12:07 am

The Newport Lofts people told you that a transportation setup was being built to get people from Downtown to McCarran in 25 minutes.

Granted… you can do that in your car when traffic is light. But… I must have totally missed out on some kind of dedicated transit lanes that they were talking about.

I know they have built them north of downtown and working on Boulder Hwy. Any more info on this? I pride myself on keeping up on local news, but must have missed any story about a system that will go downtown via The Strip to the airport in 25 minutes.

March 3rd, 2009 4:39 pm

Ted, according the the Newport Lofts salesguy, ACE will have a completely dedicated lane built for it north and south of the Strip. On the strip, it’ll share a lane w/ other cars.

The rep also mentioned that to further improve it’s downtown-to-LAS time, ACE will have control over streetlights. (I am not clear if that includes lights on the Strip as well.)

Here’s a link: http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/ace.cfm