Snow in Las Vegas: Video

I received a bunch of excited calls from Melissa this morning.  She was up in Centennial Hills (NW Las Vegas) and it was snowing!  She wanted me to get some video of it (as I promised her I would in our last podcast) so I headed out there with my Flip video camera to take a look.

Below are two videos I took while coming up on Ann Ave. from the 215.  Pretty impressive stuff!

Taken on 12/15./08

Taken on 12/17/08

The Living in Las Vegas Podcast has joined the VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK, an online broadcasting network that specializes in insider news and expert views about Las Vegas.
If you are looking for great Las Vegas Video, check it out!

Comments

9 Responses to “Snow in Las Vegas: Video”

1. thelma
    December 15th, 2008 4:11 pm

That’s insane!!! Today’s high in Kansas CIty was 7 degrees. It’s normally not this cold here.

December 15th, 2008 4:16 pm

Isn’t it?!? When we decided to move to Las Vegas, warm weather was part of the equation. I don’t recall including “snow” in our decision process!!

3. Dan
    December 16th, 2008 12:40 am

That is unbeleivable!!

We have no snow in Toronto and it was 50 today.

We are there at New Years.

Do we need a parka?

December 16th, 2008 9:47 am

New Years in Las Vegas is cold. . .but for a Toronto visitor, it’ll likely be like another day in the park.

Melissa and I have done a couple New Years on the Strip or Downtown and both times we just wore jackets and (I think) a scarf.

5. Clive
    December 17th, 2008 2:58 pm

Hey thats great, we havent even had snow down south in England yet.

6. Jacquie
    December 17th, 2008 10:17 pm

I just heard on the radio that they closed McCarran – no flights in or out of Vegas! Cray-zeeee!

December 17th, 2008 10:22 pm

@Jacquie: Yep. . .was down at Luxor today, the pyramid was covered in snow. Just heard on the news that there is a “snow” day tomorrow for school. First time in 34 years, as I understand it.

8. Lee Adams
    December 18th, 2008 6:33 am

Scott… Melissa must have awakened this morning and thought she was back in Effingham! Good luck getting through the snow today. Lee

9. Home at Last
    December 30th, 2008 11:07 pm

[…] in Vegas last week, it’s all gone, it’s still cold (for around here). Here’s some video of the snow in Las Vegas in case you missed […]