58: It’s Here–The NEW Living In Las Vegas Website!

And on the thirteenth day of July, with thunder resonating from above, the Living in Las Vegas Podcast website goes from version 1.0 to version 2.0!  A great deal of work was put into our new site, we hope you like it (and tell us what you think!).  Show notes:

Now on the VEGAS VIDEO NETWORK

Comments

9 Responses to “58: It’s Here–The NEW Living In Las Vegas Website!”

1. Cheryl
    July 14th, 2008 6:01 am

The new website looks great!

July 14th, 2008 6:05 am

Thanks, Cheryl! And congrats on the new house. We talked about it on the show.

3. Doug Wheeler
    July 14th, 2008 6:45 pm

Great new site! Having developed my own site, I can appreciate the amount work involved!

You asked it anyone was interested in a meetup in August. Coincidently, I’ll be there that weekend. Three Vegas podcasts have also scheduled the Vegas Podcast-a-palooza at the Palms on Saturday, August 16 at 4:00. Perhaps everyone could just get together right before or after that…

BTW, the minimum gambling age is 18 in Minnesota (the only place in the U.S.).

–Doug

P.S. Just a few typos to report: “Pontificate” is missing the “n”, “Access Vegas” is missing a “c”. Also, I’m not sure what the problem is, but the photos are all very low resolution.

July 14th, 2008 9:11 pm

Hey, Doug.

Thanks for the typo finds. . .they’ve been fixed. Regarding the photos, they look low-res because I’ve designed the page with an eye toward the newer photos to be placed on the site. On v1.0, the photos were pretty small. Moving forward, they’ll be a bit larger. Problem is, the page sets the image to be a certain size, so if the photo being displayed is smaller (like all the previous images), they look low res.

5. Ricky S.
    July 14th, 2008 9:13 pm

Thanks so much for answering my questions! :D

I’m gonna e-mail all the companies you mentioned!

Also the new website is great, looks modern and attractive.

July 14th, 2008 9:14 pm

It’s our pleasure, Ricky. Good luck on making the move across the pond!

7. Mark G
    July 15th, 2008 9:39 am

Scott,

What a great new look! I believe It was worth the wait. It shows that you have put a ton of time and thought into it (your new top banner reminds me of Planet Ho building). I am looking forward to many more entertaining shows. BTW – Who the Hell complained about too much music???

Hello to Melissa!

July 15th, 2008 5:23 pm

Hey, thanks Mark! As a long time listener, I appreciate the feedback.

I’d tell you who suggested shorter music for the intro, but after hearing Lane’s story about being tackled (by you) during one of your LV visits, I’d end up fearing for their lives! This, I’m afraid, is something I cannot live with. . .at least for the time being.

9. Podcasting for Business » Living i Las Vegas Listener August Meet Up is a Go!
    July 16th, 2008 8:17 am

[...] Thanks for visiting!I’m telling you, our listeners are a lovely bunch of coconuts!  As I mentioned in episode 58 of the BRAND NEW Living in Las Vegas Podcast, we were thinking about organizing an informal meet up [...]